2016 Detroit Motor Show: BMW unveils the new M2 and X4 M40i
The 2016 Detroit Motor Show saw luxury car brand BMW launch two new models, the M2 sports coupe and the X4 M40i SUV, both cars are focused on the performance aspect and have received the renowned BMW M performance treatment.
The M2 gets a turbo charged 3.0 litre, six cylinder engine that puts out 370PS of power and 465Nm of torque, the company claims that the car can reach the 100kmph mark in 4.2 seconds. Priced at Rs 35.37 lakh the M2 commands a premium of Rs 5.67 lakh over the standard M235i. Deliveries in the US will start by April 2016.
On the other hand the X4 M40i is the more practical of the two with four doors but not a lot of headroom thanks to the SUV coupe body style similar to that of the X6. The car is priced at Rs 39.46 lakh, about Rs 5.43 lakh more than a standard X4 xDrive35i. The performance comes through the newly developed M performance turbocharged, inline six-cylinder engine that puts out 359PS of power and 465Nm of torque. Company claims that the car can reach 100kmph in 4.7 seconds. Deliveries in the US are set to start by February 2016.
In addition to these two models, BMW also showcased the new BMW X1, 7 series and the high performance i8 models along with the all electric BMW i3 and the plug-in hybrid BMW 330e.
Starts Rs 35.2 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S specifications revealed
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled