2016 European Le Mans Series: Parth Ghorpade to compete in LMP2 class
2015 was a tough year for Parth Ghorpade. It involved recuperating from a shoulder injury that saw him having to sit out most of the racing season. However, in order to see if he was ready to make a full time return to motorsport, the Kolhapur racer competed in three rounds of the EuroFormula Open with DAV Racing. With his best finishes being a pair of 10th places at Spa and Red Bull Ring, the driver was convinced enough that he would be able to muscle a racecar around the tracks in a complete motorsport season in 2016.
Parth Ghorpade will compete in the 2016 European Le Mans Series with Algarve Pro Racing
And that complete motorsport season that he will compete in this year happens to be the European Le Mans Series. Ghorpade had initiated talks with the Algarve Pro Racing team some time ago, and has finally signed the dotted line. He is all set to pilot their LMP2 car in the six-round championship that includes races like the 4 Hours of Silverstone, the 4 Hours of Imola, the 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring, the 4 Hours of Le Castellet, the 4 Hours of Spa and the 4 Hours of Estoril.
Ghorpade will drive the team's Ligier JS P2, powered by a Nissan VK45DE 4.5 L V8 engine. The young Indian racer will be partnered by British driver Michael Munemann, with the third driver yet to be confirmed. Given that the Algarve Pro Racing team has also confirmed their participation in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, it could mean that young Ghorpade will compete at Sarthe as well.
Parth's first race will be fairly soon, at the British round that will be held on the 16th of April, 2016. The season will conclude on 23rd October, 2016 at Estoril.
2016 European Le Mans Series Calendar:
Rd 1 4 Hours of Silverstone Silverstone Circuit 16 April
Rd 2 4 Hours of Imola Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari 15 May
Rd 3 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring Red Bull Ring 17 July
Rd 4 4 Hours of Le Castellet Circuit Paul Ricard 28 August
Rd 5 4 Hours of Spa Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 25 September
Rd 6 4 Hours of Estoril Autódromo do Estoril 23 October
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased