2016 European Le Mans Series: Parth Ghorpade to compete in LMP2 class
2015 was a tough year for Parth Ghorpade. It involved recuperating from a shoulder injury that saw him having to sit out most of the racing season. However, in order to see if he was ready to make a full time return to motorsport, the Kolhapur racer competed in three rounds of the EuroFormula Open withDAV Racing. With his best finishes being a pair of 10th places at Spa and Red Bull Ring, the driver was convinced enough that he would be able to muscle a racecar around the tracks in a complete motorsport season in 2016.
Parth Ghorpade will compete in the 2016 European Le Mans Series with Algarve Pro Racing
And that complete motorsport season that he will compete in this year happens to be the European Le Mans Series. Ghorpade had initiatedtalks with the Algarve Pro Racing team some time ago, and has finally signed the dotted line. He is all set to pilot their LMP2 car in the six-round championship that includes races like the 4 Hours of Silverstone, the 4 Hours of Imola, the 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring, the 4 Hours of Le Castellet, the 4 Hours of Spa and the 4 Hours of Estoril.
Ghorpade will drive the team's Ligier JS P2, powered by aNissan VK45DE 4.5 L V8 engine. The young Indian racerwill be partnered by British driver Michael Munemann, with the third driver yet to be confirmed. Given that the Algarve Pro Racing team has also confirmed their participation in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, it could mean that young Ghorpade will compete at Sarthe as well.
Parth's first race will be fairly soon, at the British round that will be held on the 16th of April, 2016. The season will conclude on 23rd October, 2016 at Estoril.
2016 European Le Mans Series Calendar:
Rd 1 4 Hours of Silverstone Silverstone Circuit 16 April
Rd 2 4 Hours of Imola Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari 15 May
Rd 3 4 Hours of Red Bull RingRed Bull Ring 17 July
Rd 4 4 Hours of Le CastelletCircuit Paul Ricard 28 August
Rd 5 4 Hours of Spa Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 25 September
Rd 6 4 Hours of Estoril Autdromo do Estoril 23 October
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally