2016 Ford Endeavour launched in India at Rs 24.75 lakh
Ford has launched the all new Endeavour in India at Rs 24.75 lakh, ex-Mumbai. The new Ford Endeavour sits on top of Ford's portfolio in India as the flagship model and is available in five trims. You can read our detailed review of the 2016 Ford Endeavour here.
The exterior of the new Ford Endeavour looks far more modern and contemporary than the earlier generation. Ford has neatly tucked the spare wheel inside the tailgate to make it look less truck like from the rear. The styling has worked in favour of the new Endeavour greatly. The new grille, which is smaller than the outgoing version, takes centre stage and lends the Endeavour the air of a burly American SUV. The sleek headlights merge with the grille and look smart with a combination of LED daytime running lights and projector beam lamps. The strong wheel arches add the necessary muscle to its length but also make the massive 18-inch wheels look tad small. The new Ford Endeavour has a ground clearance of 225mm and an 800mm water wading capacity. It also comes with a multi terrain drive selector.
The brand new cabin layout lends a fresh touch to the dated arrangement seen on the previous Endeavour. This one also gets more features and options. The leather upholstery on the seats and dash lend a sense of class to the cabin. The knobs and switches have a soft feel to them and the subtle chrome treatment makes the switchgear look and feel upmarket. The touchscreen infotainment is quite a feature-rich unit for this class. Apart from the regulars like Bluetooth telephony and multi-format audio compatibility, it also gets Internet hotspot capability that uses a data card or your phone's data network. The instrumentation is quite new age too. It gets a large speedometer flanked by two digital display panels. There are 30 storage options for added practicality.
The SUV-typical tailgate-mounted spare wheel now finds home below the boot floor
The new Ford Endeavor comes with two diesel engine options a 3.2-litre five-cylinder unit and a 2.2-litre four-cylinder mill. A 6-speed automatic and the 4×4 drivetrain is offered on both the variants, but the 2.2 can also be optioned with a manual transmission or a 4×2 configuration. The 3.2-litre also comes with different terrain modes to optimise driving performance in snowy, sandy or rocky ground. In terms of safety, the new Endeavour comes with seven airbags. The fuel efficiency of Ford Endeavour is 14.12kmpl for the 2.2MT and 12.62kmpl for the 2.2AT whereas the 3.2 delivers 10.91kmpl.
The top end 3.2 Titanium trim is available at Rs 29.46 lakh.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Ford Endeavour
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800