2016 Ford Endeavour spotted testing in India
The 2016 Ford Endeavour was just spotted testing in the temple town of Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu. Like its ageing counterpart, the new Endeavour too borrows its platform from the Ranger pick-up, but the new one at that.
The burly SUV employs the Kinetic design philosophy that was seen on other Ford SUVs like the Ecosport and the new generation Kuga. The Endeavour also boasts of a host of new technologies and assistance systems, with the most notable being the four-step terrain management system. It also gets the Sync2 infotainment system.
As we had speculated in a previous story on SUVs coming to India in 2015, the new Endeavour will come with the option of a 2.2-litre mill and a more powerful 3.2-litre diesel engine and we hope to drive the latter in India as well. Like the current model, these engines will be available with an automatic transmission and 4x4 options. Ford is expected to launch the new Endeavour here around Diwali. It will come in via the CKD route from Thailand. Expect the pricing to be in the range of Rs 25 - 35 lakh.
Image source: Motor Vikatan
Starts Rs 28.19 Lakhs
- News2019 Datsun Redi-go gets enhanced safety features, prices start at Rs 2.79 lakh
- Review2019 Hero Xpulse 200 Road Test Review
- NewsFord India recalls the last-gen Ford Endeavour, Freestyle, Figo and Aspire
- NewsSpec Comparo: AMW CFMoto 300NK vs KTM 390 Duke vs Honda CB300R
- NewsImage Gallery: AMW CFMoto 300NK launched in India for Rs 2.29 lakh