2016 Geneva Auto Show: BMW to showcase i8 Protonic Red edition
BMW will reveal special editions of the i8 at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show in March. The first from the lot will be the Protonic Red limited edition model. This will be an aesthetic upgrade and will not have any mechanical changes. With such special editions, BMW intends to offer more personalisation options for the i8.
BMW Protonic Red Edition
This limited numbered hybrid sportscar gets a Protonic Red paint job with accents in metallic shade of Frozen Grey. In addition, it will also have W-spoke alloys finished in Orbit Grey with the hubs painted in matte aluminum. The interior of the special edition BMW i8 sports red double-stitching along with bits of carbon fibre and ceramic bits used in the trims.
The special edition i8 will be made at BMW's Leipzig plant in July and will be on sale from September 2016. The Protonic edition BMW i8 is priced at £112,535 (Rs 1.11 crore). The BMW i8 uses a 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine that has a combined output of 362PS and 570Nm. It has a 0 to 100kmph acceleration timing of 4.4 seconds. BMW unveiled the i8 in 2013 and it has been in the Indian market since last year. A total of 5,456 units were sold globally last year.
To read our review of the BMW i8, click here
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review