2016 Geneva Auto Show: Maserati Levante SUV unveiled
Maserati has debuted the Levante SUV, at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show. The Maserati Levante is built on the modular Ghibli platform and is the first SUV from the brand. It can seat five and looks typical Maserati thanks to its aggressive design language, the large grille and the gills on each front fender. Although it is quite long, it doesn't look too bulky thanks to the curved character lines and the swooping rear end.
The Maserati Levante is based on a steel and aluminium chassis, which the company claims combines the on-road dynamics of a sedan with the performance of an off-roader. Maserati will offer electronic suspension with controlled damping and air springs as standard, which will offer five ride height levels. The SUV will be offered with both petrol and diesel engines and is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission along with all-wheel drive. The petrol engine is a twin-turbo V6 engine making 430PS, built by Ferrari. The company claims a 0-100kmph time in 5.2 seconds and a top speed of over 260kmph. The diesel motor, meanwhile make 270PS, and this will be the variant that enters the Indian market in January, 2017.
The Maserati Levante is being produced at the Mirafiori plant in Turin and it will be available in showrooms across Europe by May 2016 and in Asia by June, 2016. Currently, it is priced at 75,900 CHF (approximately Rs 51.60 lakh) in Switzerland.
For more news on launches and unveils at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, click here.
Starts Rs 1.45 Crore
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018