2016 Geneva Auto Show: New compact SUV from Volkswagen
The main highlight of the Volkswagen stall at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show will be a new compact SUV. The brand believes that an affordable SUV will be a trendy alternate to the compact class of cars. Just before the concept is showcased at the motor show, scheduled for March, VW has unveiled the images of the upcoming crossover.
The crossover is expected to be smaller than the Tiguan SUV. The pictures show a concept that gets a high bonnet line, sleek radiator grille, LED daytime running lamps and fog lamps. The ORVMs get turn indicators embedded in them. The muscular bumper gets a skid plate underneath. VW claims that the design of the crossover gets an aggressive SUV like design. In addition, the interiors of the crossover will hardly have any switches similar to the cabin design of the BUDD-e concept.
Based on the modern MQB platform, the new compact crossover might share its powertrain options with the Polo hatchback. Volkswagen has already announced canning that Taigun SUV project and instead working on a new Polo based hatchback. VW might launch the production version of the crossover by late 2017.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept