2016 Geneva Auto Show: Toyota C-HR images leaked
Japanese car maker, Toyota will officially debut the C-HR SUV at the upcoming 2016 Geneva Auto Show. But before the concept is revealed at the motor show, the spied images of the Toyota's crossover have surfaced online. The upcoming entry level SUV will be based on Toyota's New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform.
The near-production model shares a strong resemblance with the original C-HR concept, first showcased at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. The C-HR is 4,350 mm in length, 1,850 mm in width and 1,500 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,640 mm. These numbers are similar to that of the Hyundai Creta and Renault Duster, dropping a hint of its possible launch in India in future.
The C-HR gets a crossover like styling with sleek wrap around headlights. The large central air dam gets a matte finish. The flared wheel arches with a contrasting coupe like roof line ending as a spoiler gives the C-HR an impressive side profile. The rear too gets stylish boomerang shaped tail lights. The overall design and lines of the C-HR are similar to that of the Nissan Juke.
Since the upcoming SUV is based on the same TNGA platform as the Toyota Prius, there will be a hybrid along with conventional engine options. Toyota has also made a performance version of the C-HR. The sporty crossover will race at the 44th 24 Hours of Nurburgring endurance in May this year.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 45.09 Lakhs
- NewsTraffic violation fines could shoot up drastically in India - almost five times or more
- NewsHonda motorcycles India expresses concern on electrification of two-wheelers in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's electric vehicles to be sold via Nexa outlets
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Hyundai i20 spotted testing under camouflage
- NewsHusqvarna EE 5 all-electric dirt bike launched internationally