2016 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q2 unveiled
Audi has unveiled its smallest SUV, the Q2 at the Geneva Auto Show 2016. The Audi Q2 is 4.1-metres long and like the company puts it, "Combines the technical expertise of our brand with high everyday practicality and emotional character."
The Audi Q2 looks similar to the others in the Q family. It gets LED elements in the headlamp and has flared wheel arches. Inside, there is head up display with Audi's new virtual digital cockpit. Audi's MMI navigation system along with the Audi Connect module is also available. It also debuts Audi's latest safety technologies in the form of pre sense which avoids collisions, traffic jam assistant and adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function.
Engines in the Audi Q2 include turbo petrol and diesels which produce between 116PS-190PS. Audi's 7-speed S-tronic transmission is available as standard across the range. Quatto is offered on variants upwards of 150PS. Audi's Drive Select as well as damper control is optional. The Audi Q2 sales start from late 2016 in Europe.
Audi definitely has plans of bringing in the Q2 to India. However, if Audi wants to price it very competitively, they will have to heavily localise components. This will ensure a level playing field for Audi's smallest SUV in a highly competitive market like ours.
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud
- NewsTata Nexon EV subscription rates dropped for limited period, now at Rs 34,900
- NewsMG Hector gets dual-tone colour options, prices start from Rs 16.84 lakh
- NewsHyundai Tucson and Elantra get new warranty and maintenance plan
- Review2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo road test review