2016 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q2 unveiled
Audi has unveiled its smallest SUV, the Q2 at the Geneva Auto Show 2016. The Audi Q2 is 4.1-metres long and like the company puts it, "Combines the technical expertise of our brand with high everyday practicality and emotional character."
The Audi Q2 looks similar to the others in the Q family. It gets LED elements in the headlamp and has flared wheel arches. Inside, there is head up display with Audi's new virtual digital cockpit. Audi's MMI navigation system along with the Audi Connect module is also available. It also debuts Audi's latest safety technologies in the form of pre sense which avoids collisions, traffic jam assistant and adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function.
Engines in the Audi Q2 include turbo petrol and diesels which produce between 116PS-190PS. Audi's 7-speed S-tronic transmission is available as standard across the range. Quatto is offered on variants upwards of 150PS. Audi's Drive Select as well as damper control is optional. The Audi Q2 sales start from late 2016 in Europe.
Audi definitely has plans of bringing in the Q2 to India. However, if Audi wants to price it very competitively, they will have to heavily localise components. This will ensure a level playing field for Audi's smallest SUV in a highly competitive market like ours.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package
- NewsFIA Formula E: Mahindra Racing returns to site of their first win - the Berlin ePrix
- NewsHyundai could offer 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in Elite i20 and Verna in near future
- NewsHyundai could debut N performance brand in India by 2022
- NewsIndia bound third-generation Toyota Corolla scores five stars in Euro NCAP