2016 Geneva Motor Show: Bugatti to showcase the Chiron
Bugatti will unveil its new supercar, the Chiron at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. Based on the spy pictures that have emerged, the Chiron will resemble the manic Veyron while borrowing the design cues from the sharp looking Vision Gran Turismo concept that was revealed earlier. The Chiron, hence, will be an angrier looking version of the Veyron with all the opulent bits in the cabin.
Bugatti had developed a radical 8-litre W16 engine for the Veyron that breathed through four turbochargers and had 16 radiators to keep it cool. The final iteration of the Veyron, the SS' engine produced an eye popping 1,200PS. Expect the Chiron to produce more power, courtesy a re-tuned version of the Veyron's W16.
Chiron, the Veyron replacement, is named after one of Buggatti's most legendary drivers, Louis Chiron
The engine will have direct injection and two electric turbos in addition to the standard turbos that will run off the exhaust pressure. This setup will in turn mean zero turbo lag in the lower rev range. Reports also suggest that the Chiron could make 1,500 PS and command a sub-2.5s 0-100kmph time. Top speed should be in excess of 460kmph.
Image source: Autoblog.com
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India