2016 Geneva Motor Show: Bugatti to showcase the Chiron
Bugatti will unveil its new supercar, the Chiron at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. Based on the spy pictures that have emerged, the Chiron will resemble the manic Veyron while borrowing the design cues from the sharp looking Vision Gran Turismo concept that was revealed earlier. The Chiron, hence, will be an angrier looking version of the Veyron with all the opulent bits in the cabin.
Bugatti had developed a radical 8-litre W16 engine for the Veyron that breathed through four turbochargers and had 16 radiators to keep it cool. The final iteration of the Veyron, the SS' engine produced an eye popping 1,200PS. Expect the Chiron to produce more power, courtesy a re-tuned version of the Veyron's W16.
Chiron, the Veyron replacement, is named after one of Buggatti's most legendary drivers, Louis Chiron
The engine will have direct injection and two electric turbos in addition to the standard turbos that will run off the exhaust pressure. This setup will in turn mean zero turbo lag in the lower rev range. Reports also suggest that the Chiron could make 1,500 PS and command a sub-2.5s 0-100kmph time. Top speed should be in excess of 460kmph.
Image source: Autoblog.com
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018