2016 Geneva Motor Show: Fiat unveil the Tipo hatchback
Fiat unveiled the Tipo hatchback at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. Essentially the Tipo sedan without the boot, the hatchback looks proportionate with a typical Italian flair The front end looks similar to the sedan with its swept back headlamps and chrome detailing. The side profile is also similar to the sedan. The rear end is neat and one can see a sprinkling of BMW's design cues, especially the lamps and the way they integrate with the tailgate.
Internationally, the Fiat Tipo hatchback comes with a choice of two diesel engines- a 1.3-litre and a 1.6-litre unit which develop 94PS and 118PS respectively. It also gets three petrol units which includes a turbocharged 1.4-litre engine. The Tipo is 4370mm long, 1790mm wide and 1500mm tall. Fiat says the Tipo's boot volume is 420-litres. The car competes with the Ford Focus, Hyundai i30 and Volkswagen Golf in the international markets.
Fiat also unveiled the Tipo estate at the show. Fiat is unlikely to launch either of these cars in India, anytime soon.
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3