2016 Geneva Motor Show: Ford Fiesta ST200 hatchback unveiled
Yes, the ST200 in the Ford Fiesta hatchback's badge stands for 200PS. Showcased at the Geneva Auto Show 2016, the new Ford Fiesta hatchback claims to be 10 per cent more powerful and with 20 per cent more torque.
Ford's most powerful Fiesta hatchback yet, the ST200, has a 290Nm 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine which has been retuned from the standard motor. Transient overboost helps the engine deliver an additional 15PS/30Nm for 15 seconds. The in-gear acceleration is claimed to be better now with 0-100kmph coming up in 6.7 seconds. Ford claims a top speed of 230kmph from this hot hatch. A shorter final drive ratio also helps the Fiesta ST200 achieve this speed.
To help the Ford Fiesta ST200 to reign in all the power, there are enhancements in the form of 3-mode stability control, enhanced torque vectoring control, modifications to the front steering knuckle, 15mm lower centre of gravity, adapted rear twist beam with increased roll stiffness, rear disc brakes with a larger braking master cylinder.
Visually, there are changes as well. This includes an exclusive Storm Grey colour, 17-inch alloys, red painted brake calipers, illuminated scuff plates, partial leather Recaro front seats with contrast stitching and silver detailed seat belts. The Ford Fiesta ST200's production starts from June 2016 with deliveries commencing shortly thereafter in Europe.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally