2016 Geneva Motor Show: Hyundai Ioniq unveiled
Hyundai has showcased its first dedicated hybrid car, the Ioniq at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Ioniq is the world's first car to offer three powertrains pure electric, plug-in hybrid and standard hybrid.
Woong-Chul Yang, head, Hyundai Motor R&D center said, "Hyundai Motor has a heritage of building innovative, fuel-efficient vehicles, so we are proud to advance our eco-friendly car line-up with the introduction of Ioniq. Our vision for future mobility focuses on choice, with a variety of powertrain options to suit customers' varied lifestyles, without compromising on design or driving enjoyment. Ioniq embodies Hyundai Motor's vision to shift the automotive paradigm and future mobility; Ioniq is the fruit of our efforts to become the leader in the global green car market."
The hybrid and the plug-in hybrid versions feature the new Kappa 1.6GDI, four-cylinder engine. This motor has been specifically designed for hybrid application. It puts out 105PS/147Nm and it mated to a six-speed double clutch transmission. The Ionic will offer a dynamic driving experience, claims Hyundai.
The electric motor makes 43.5PS/170Nm and is powered by lithium-ion polymer battery. The combined power output of the electric motor with the conventional engine is 141PS and 265Nm. Hyundai claims that the Ioniq will have a max speed of 185km/h.
"The future mobility lifestyle that we envisage is about staying connected to our daily lives all the time without being bound by the limitations of time and space. We are determined to make this a reality so that everyone can enjoy better, more fulfilling lives," said, Euisun Chung, vice chairman, Hyundai Motor.
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review