2016 Geneva Motor Show: Hyundai Ioniq unveiled
Hyundai has showcased its first dedicated hybrid car, the Ioniq at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Ioniq is the world's first car to offer three powertrains - pure electric, plug-in hybrid and standard hybrid.
Woong-Chul Yang, head, Hyundai Motor R&D center said, Hyundai Motor has a heritage of building innovative, fuel-efficient vehicles, so we are proud to advance our eco-friendly car line-up with the introduction of Ioniq. Our vision for future mobility focuses on choice, with a variety of powertrain options to suit customers' varied lifestyles, without compromising on design or driving enjoyment. Ioniq embodies Hyundai Motor's vision to shift the automotive paradigm and future mobility; Ioniq is the fruit of our efforts to become the leader in the global green car market."
The hybrid and the plug-in hybrid versions feature the new Kappa 1.6GDI, four-cylinder engine. This motor has been specifically designed for hybrid application. It puts out 105PS/147Nm and it mated to a six-speed double clutch transmission. The Ionic will offer a dynamic driving experience, claims Hyundai.
The electric motor makes 43.5PS/170Nm and is powered by lithium-ion polymer battery. The combined power output of the electric motor with the conventional engine is 141PS and 265Nm. Hyundai claims that the Ioniq will have a max speed of 185km/h.
The future mobility lifestyle that we envisage is about staying connected to our daily lives all the time without being bound by the limitations of time and space. We are determined to make this a reality so that everyone can enjoy better, more fulfilling lives," said, Euisun Chung, vice chairman, Hyundai Motor.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally