2016 Geneva Motor Show: Lamborghini Centenario unveiled
Italian carmaker, Lamborghini has revealed another one-off supercar, the Centenario at the ongoing 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Centenario celebrates the centenary of the founder Ferruccio Lamborghini's birthday, and is thus named so. The Lamborghini Centenario will be available in coupe and roadster forms- 20 each. Prices start at 1.75 ? million (Rs 12.86 crore). The company claims to have already sold all 40 cars.
The V12 motor that powers the Lamborghini Centenario makes 770PS. As officially claimed, it can do 0 to 100kmph in a mere 2.8 seconds with a top speed of 350kmph. The Lamborghini Centenario uses a monocoque carbon fibre body (kerb weight 1,520kg) and also offers a power to weight ratio of 1.97kg/PS.
The extended rear wing provides more downforce at high speeds, says Lamborghini. The company further adds that the rear-wheel steering provides better stability. The feature list of the Centenario also includes a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay.
"The Centenario is a car that perfectly combines tradition and innovation. It looks to the future while honouring the legend that is Ferruccio Lamborghini," says president and CEO, Lamborghini, Stephan Winkelmann.
He further added, "The Centenario is an opportunity for our designers and engineers to transcend some of the constraints of series car production to achieve an incomparable result: the Centenario has immediately proved itself as a desirable collectors' car, while demonstrating new Lamborghini technologies and outstanding performance. It is the most fitting tribute to Ferruccio Lamborghini in his centenary year, a man who created an exceptional brand, believed that anything was possible, and produced extraordinary, iconic cars. The Centenario is a super sports car for Ferruccio Lamborghini and the future he and we believe in today."
For more news on launches and unveils at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, click here.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally