2016 Geneva Motor Show: Lamborghini Centenario unveiled
Italian carmaker, Lamborghini has revealed another one-off supercar, the Centenario at the ongoing 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Centenario celebrates the centenary of the founder Ferruccio Lamborghini's birthday, and is thus named so. The Lamborghini Centenario will be available in coupe and roadster forms- 20 each. Prices start at 1.75 ? million (Rs 12.86 crore). The company claims to have already sold all 40 cars.
The V12 motor that powers the Lamborghini Centenario makes 770PS. As officially claimed, it can do 0 to 100kmph in a mere 2.8 seconds with a top speed of 350kmph. The Lamborghini Centenario uses a monocoque carbon fibre body (kerb weight 1,520kg) and also offers a power to weight ratio of 1.97kg/PS.
The extended rear wing provides more downforce at high speeds, says Lamborghini. The company further adds that the rear-wheel steering provides better stability. The feature list of the Centenario also includes a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay.
"The Centenario is a car that perfectly combines tradition and innovation. It looks to the future while honouring the legend that is Ferruccio Lamborghini," says president and CEO, Lamborghini, Stephan Winkelmann.
He further added, "The Centenario is an opportunity for our designers and engineers to transcend some of the constraints of series car production to achieve an incomparable result: the Centenario has immediately proved itself as a desirable collectors' car, while demonstrating new Lamborghini technologies and outstanding performance. It is the most fitting tribute to Ferruccio Lamborghini in his centenary year, a man who created an exceptional brand, believed that anything was possible, and produced extraordinary, iconic cars. The Centenario is a super sports car for Ferruccio Lamborghini and the future he and we believe in today."
For more news on launches and unveils at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, click here.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased