2016 Geneva Motor Show: Pininfarina H2 Speed concept unveiled
Italian coach maker, Pininfarina has taken the wraps off the new one-off hybrid supercar, the H2 Speed concept at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The H2 Speed concept is the only zero-emission sportscar available in the world. Pininfarina has partnered with Swiss based performance brand, Green GT for the H2 Speed concept.
Pininfarina claims that the H2 Speed concept will attract performance enthusiasts as well as those who appreciate innovation. It will be a limited edition model, once the car goes into production. The company has also announced that the H2 Speed is halfway between a racing prototype and a production supercar. The full-hydrogen based powertrain has been sourced from GreenGT.
Powering the H2 Speed concept are two electric motors and a rear mounted fuel cell. The H2 Speed can reach a max speed of 300kmph and has a 0 to 100kmph acceleration time of 3.4 seconds, as claimed by the manufacturer. The zero emissions unit in the H2 Speed puts out an impressive 503PS and releases only water vapour. The hydrogen fuel tank can be refueled completely in a mere three minutes.
The H2 Speed uses a lightweight carbon fibre chassis sourced from Le Mans Prototype (LMP) category that helps it tip the scales at a measly 1,420kg.
Paolo Pininfarina, chairman, Pininfarina said, "The H2 Speed is the symbol of Pininfarina's dedication to purity, elegance and innovation. The present concept is a synthesis of technology, sustainability, harmony and aerodynamic flow"
Silvio Pietro Angori, CEO, Pininfarina said, "The H2 Speed concept continues Pininfarina's strategy of designing and developing special cars, namely vehicles produced in limited series for collectors and lovers of unique cars. The Pininfarina H2 Speed interprets the company's passion for racing and exceptional, environmentally responsible automotive performance"
Back in 2015, Tech Mahindra Limited, a listed subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra entered into an agreement with Pincar S.r.l to purchase a controlling stake in Pininfarina S.p.A. The investment was done by a joint venture company of which Tech Mahindra holds 40 per cent controlling stake while Mahindra and Mahindra holds the remaining 60 per cent.
For more news on launches and unveils at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, click here.
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing