2016 Geneva Motor Show: Volkswagen T-Cross Breeze compact SUV concept unveiled
Volkswagen has showcased the T-Cross Breeze concept, a convertible compact SUV, at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show. The Volkswagen T-Cross Breeze concept has a very modern face that doesn't quite resemble any of the other Volkswagens. The square LED DRLs accentuate the square-ish front end, while the large grille with the neatly integrated headlights gives it a burly SUV-like stance. The rear meanwhile gets Audi-inspired lights and neat creases that make it look more car than SUV. With the roof up, the Volkswagen T-Cross Breeze concept gets a coupe-like like tail end. It measures 4,133mm in length, which is just 162mm longer than the Volkswagen Polo, while the wheelbase measures 2,565mm. The interior features a digital instrument cluster while the centre console has touch-sensitive panel that controls the various functions and a large touchscreen infotainment system.
The Volkswagen T-Cross Breeze concept is powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-charged petrol engine that delivers 110PS of power and 175Nm of torque from 1,500rpm. This mill is mated to a 7-speed dual clutch transmission that powers the front wheels. Volkswagen claims that the T-Cross Breeze concept will go from 0-100kmph in 10.3 seconds and that it has a top speed of 188kmph. This compact SUV concept uses a 40-litre fuel tank and according to Volkswagen, it has a "theoretical range of 800km."
According to the Volkswagen's head of design, Klaus Bischoff, "The T-Cross Breeze is a teaser for the most compact sport utility vehicle that Volkswagen plans to make and the nucleus of a new SUV and convertible design in the compact sector."
We believe this to be the new compact SUV concept that may eventually be brought down to the Indian market as well. The Volkswagen T-Cross Breeze, while there is no official confirmation, is built on the MQB platform and will substitute the Taigun SUV concept.
For more news on launches and unveils at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, click here.
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip