2016 Honda BR-V launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has launched its compact SUV, the BR-V, at a starting price of Rs 8.75 lakh, ex-Delhi. Based on the Mobilio platform, the Honda BR-V will compete against the likes of the Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta.
As expected, Honda is offering the BR-V in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol variant is powered by a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine which makes 118PS of power and 145Nm of torque. The diesel variant is powered by a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine which produces 100PS and 200Nm. Both engines also power the Honda City and Honda Mobilio models and are coupled to a 6-speed manual transmission. Only the petrol engine is offered with a CVT as well with paddle shifters.
The Honda BR-V gets dual-front airbags as standard on all trims. However, only the diesel versions get ABS with EBD as standard along with dual airbags. Honda showrooms will offer BR-V buyers 30 accessory options to choose from.
Honda claims that the BR-V petrol manual transmission version delivers a fuel efficiency of 15.4kmpl while the BR-V petrol CVT version returns 16kmpl. The Honda BR-V diesel variant claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 21.9kmpl.
In terms of features, the E trim comes equipped with projector headlamps, roof rails, reclining and split folding second and third rows, adjustable headrests on all three rows, front and rear power windows, tilt steering and keyless entry.
The S trim additionally comes equipped with automatic climate control, rear AC vents, 2-DIN audio system with Bluetooth and USB, steering-mounted audio controls, electrically adjustable wing mirrors, height adjustable drivers seat, and rear defogger along with washer and wiper.
The V trim carries over the features offered on the lower two trims and additionally gets 16-inch alloys, engine start/stop button, electrically foldable wing mirrors with turn indicators and front fog lamps.
The top VX trim gets leather seats along with leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, heat absorbing windshield and chrome side protectors.
Honda BR-V petrol variant prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)
E - Rs 8,75,000
S - Rs 9,90,000
V - Rs 10,90,000
VX - Rs 11,84,000
V CVT - Rs 11,99,000
Honda BR-V diesel variant prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)
E - Rs 9,90,000
S - Rs 10,99,000
V - Rs 11,85,000
VX - Rs 12,90,000
More from OVERDRIVE on the Honda BR-V
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India