2016 Hyundai Elite i20 to get projector headlamps and DRLs
Hyundai India will soon be equipping its premium offering, the Elite i20, with the projector headlamps and LED daytime running lamps, seen on the i20 Active. A dealer has confirmed that the new batch of 2016 models will arrive at dealerships by the end of this month.
The above additions will be offered only on the premium Asta (O) variant. In addition, the 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 will also feature new diamond cut alloy wheels, like the ones on the Hyundai i20 Active. Apart from these minor tweaks, the new Hyundai Elite i20 doesn't get any other updates. On the inside, the 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 will continue to have a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, but again, only on the Asta (O) variant. More importantly however, Hyundai has recently started offering dual airbags as standard on all variants of the Elite i20.
The 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 will continue to have the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines. The 1.2-litre petrol unit makes 83PS of power at 6,000rpm and generates 115Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. This engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The 1.4-litre diesel motor makes 90PS at 4,000rpm and 220Nm of torque from 1,500-2,750rpm. This motor is paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.74 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350