2016 Hyundai Tucson to be launched in India on October 24
Hyundai India has revealed that it will launch the third-generation Tucson in India on October 24, 2016. The carmaker had showcased the new Tucson at the 2016 Auto Expo. The new Tucson looks sharper and offers more interior space than the outgoing model.
It gets Hyundai's signature triple-slat hexagonal radiator grille along with LED twin projector headlamps and daytime running lamps. At the rear, there're LED tail lamps, a spoiler that will be offered as standard and twin-chrome exhausts.
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson gets a 2,670mm wheelbase which is 30.48mm more than the predecessor. In terms of dimensions, it is 76.2mm longer and 28mm wider than the outgoing model. In terms of features, the top trim will come equipped with a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, rear camera, automatic climate control and a panoramic sunroof.
Globally, Hyundai offers the new Tucson with three engine options - a 1.6-litre petrol, 2.0-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. At the 2016 Auto Expo, Hyundai showcased the Tucson 2.0-litre diesel variant with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Once launched, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson will be positioned between the Hyundai Creta and the Hyundai Santa Fe. The new Hyundai Tucson is expected to be priced at around Rs 20-25 lakh.
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- News2020 Mahindra Thar revealed in India: Everything you need to know
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Mahindra Thar India unveil, details, specifications, features, engines, launch date and expected price
- Review2020 Kia Carnival road test review
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19: Club-on-wheels: the Party Bus
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks