2016 Hyundai Verna gets added features in India
The 2016 Hyundai Verna range, that is about to hit showrooms, has received a few additional features. Hyundai had introduced the Verna facelift last year and discontinued the top SX (O) trim. For the 2016 Verna range, the top SX (O) trim has been re-introduced while the S (O) trim has been discontinued. Expect prices to increase by Rs 15,000-20,000.
Hyundai will offer the 2016 Verna in four variants - base, S, SX and the SX (O). The other big update is that all variants will get dual airbags as standard.
The 2016 Hyundai Verna Base trim comes equipped with the basic necessities that all cars in this segment typically get. Additionally, it will offer buyers the option of a 1.4-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engine. Both engines come mated to a manual gearbox. Unlike the previous version, it will no longer come equipped with an audio system but will now get a cooled glovebox.
Image of a Hyundai Verna Fluidic 4S used for reference
On the Verna S trim, Hyundai will offer buyers the option of choosing between a 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines. The engines will be mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox. The only bit that will help one distinguish between the manual and automatic gearbox equipped versions is that the former gets 15-inch steel rims while the latter gets alloys. It will get a 2-DIN audio system as standard.
The Verna SX trim too gets the same engines as the S trim but the automatic gearbox will be offered only on the petrol variant. It will come equipped with front fog lamps, 16-inch diamond cut alloys, a touchscreen audio system with navigation, electrically foldable wing mirrors and a shark-fin antenna.
Only on the top SX (O) trim, Hyundai will offer the diesel engine with the option of the 4-speed automatic gearbox. It gets a long list of features including push button start-stop, telescopic steering, rain-sensing wipers, leather seats and side and curtain airbags.
The Hyundai Verna has so far failed to outdo the Honda City and the Maruti Ciaz on the sales front. Hyundai is hoping that by introducing a new top variant and equipping the entire range with a few more features, the 2016 Verna will lure more buyers.
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased