2016 India Speed Week to be held in Kolkata from December 9-11
The organisers of the first India Speed Week (ISW) have announced that the event will be held in Kolkata from December 9-11, 2016. Although the event was originally planned for February this year, it was postponed due to the elections. The highlight of the event will be the drag races held on the kilometre long Behala Flying Club airstrip.
Amit Modi and Sanjay Jain, REDER Regional Executive Director Eastern Region Airport Authorities of India, at the launch of India Speed Week 2016
This event will be held in the quarter-mile (0.4km) format, with different classes of vehicles categorised according to the engine cubic capacity and the level of modification. The organisers are expecting participation from around Kolkata and cities like Bangalore and Mumbai. They also expect around 25,000 spectators to visit the event.
Actress Koel Mallick, and footballer Bhaichung Bhutia, India Speed Week ambassadors
The 2016 India Speed Week will also serve as a platform for Indian and international automotive manufacturers to showcase their vehicles.
Tickets for the event will be available on bookmyshow.com from November 1.
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020
- NewsUpcoming 2020 Honda Jazz teased ahead of global debut
- NewsHyundai Venue SUVs set out on the third Great India Drive
- Review2020 Bentley Flying Spur W12 First Drive Review