2016 Indian National Racing Championship: Ishaan Dodhiwala and Karminder Singh tied after Round 1 of Vento Cup
Round 3 of the 2016 Indian National Racing Championship came to an end today at the Kari Motor Speedway. The day held two races of the ITC and the LGB 1300 championships along with one race for the IJTC and Super Stock classes. The Vento Cup meanwhile held its first two races of the season.
Race 2 winners: 1st Karminder Pal Singh, 2nd Ishaan Dodhiwala and 3rd Aditya Pawar on the podium after Race 2
Ishaan Dodhiwala won the first Vento Cup race with Karminder Singh and Keith Desouza finishing second and third. The second race however got a bit trickier as there was a short cloud burst just ahead of the start. All drivers switched to wet tyres and hit the track. Despite most of the drivers racing for the first time on a wet track, there was just one crash involving Rajiv Srivastava. Karminder Singh took first place, Ishaan Dodhiwala took second while Aditya Vijay Pawar finished third. This leaves Karminder and Ishaan at a tie for first place after the first round.
In the ITC category, Arjun Narendran dominated the weekend by winning all three races this round. Ashish Ramaswamy, finished third in Race 2 behind B Vijaya Kumar, and second in Race 3 ahead of Deepak Paul Chinnapa.
Arya Singh won Race 2 of the LGB 1300 class, while Raghul Rangaswamy and Tejasram CS took second and third place respectively. In Race 3, Tejasram took first place ahead of Alex Bora and Arya Singh.
Tejasram CS (14) who won a double in the Rookie Cup (FF1300) category
In the IJTC class, Keith Desouza won the final race of the round ahead of Vinod S and V Nikanth Ram. Deepak Ravikumar, who had crossed the line first in the Super Stock race was excluded due to a technical infringement, giving Raghul Rangaswamy the win. Veeresh Prasad took second, while Sudhaanand Daniel finished third.
The next round go the Indian National Racing Championship will be held at Madras Motor Race Track from July 15-17.
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea