2016 IndiKarting National Series: Aaroh wins in Ludhiana
The podium for Race 3 of the Pro Senior class: Aaroh Ravindra flanked by second-placed Aanjan Patodia and third-placed Varun Anekar
The penultimate round of the 2016 JK Tyre IndiKarting National Series was held in Ludhiana's F2 Raceway in South City. It was the first time in 15 years that competitive karting made a return to Ludhiana, as a part of the new initiative by JK Tyre, Rayo Racing and Tata Motors.
While the first three rounds of the series didn't really go the way Mumbai's Aaroh Ravindra had planned, he managed to make a strong recovery at the fourth round in Ludhiana. Ravindra took pole and won the first race in the Pro Senior Class. Varun Anekar took second place, while Aanjan Patodia, from Pune, took third place. Jonathan Kuriakose won the Pro Junior Category.
The grid for the Pro Senior class ahead of Race 2
The Pro Cadet class had some close competition in all three races, with a lot of overtaking up and down the grid. Aadityansh Kaulshi won Race 1, ahead of Hoshmand Elavia, with Aryan Vashishta finishing third. Aadityansh once again emerged on top in Race 2. Saatvik Kogileti and Hoshmand Elavia completed the podium. Kogileti won the third race, ahead of Ranvir Singh, with Aryan Vashishta finishing third.
The Senior Open category, saw Alex Bora win, with Milan Bhalla second and Ishaan Garg third. The Senior Amateur class saw Chandigarh's Sanam Sekhon win ahead of Anshay Patodia and Abhijot Walia.
The Pro Cadet Podium
In the Inter-School category, Siddharth Bhalla won, with Justin Singh second and Adheet Parashar third.
The Senior Plus category also saw excellent racing with Sanam finishing ahead of Clibe Joshva and Angad Matharoo.
Armaan Bhalla won the women's category ahead of Shubhkiran Brar and Reena Prasad, while the corporate category was also won by Sanam Sekhon ahead of Angad Matharoo and Ishaan Garg.
All the winners of the Ludhiana Round of the 2016 JK Tyre IndiKarting National Series
The finale of the National Series will be held in Delhi on June 11 and 12. The current championship leaders are Aanjan Patodia in the Pro Senior class with 216 points, Jonathan Kuriakose in the Pro Junior class with 227 points and Adityansh Kaulshi leading the Pro Cadet class with 222 points.
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review