2016 INRC Round 3: Arjun Rao Aroor and Satish Rajgopal win Rally de North
In the third round of the Indian National Rally Championship, the Rally de North, Arjun Rao Aroor and Satish Rajgopal took the win with a total time of 47min 10sec in their R2-spec Volkswagen Polo. In second place were Karna Kadur and Nikhil Pai, driving a Team Yokohama Polo, with 48min 4sec, while Team Mahindra Adventure's Gaurav Gill and Musa Sherif finished 20sec behind them to take third. However, Gill's team-matesAmittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik, who suffered mechanical issues this round, are still leading the championship after a fifth place finish.
Winners of the INRC class in Round 3, Arjun Rao Aroor and Satish Rajgopal
This is the first time in 11 years that the INRC is being held in the North. The gravel event was supposed to hold six competitive stages covering close to 65km near Gurgaon. However, two stages were cancelled, cutting short the total distance to around 55km. There were a total of 38 teams competing in the rally, of which only 18 managed to cross the finish line. One of the retirees was Abhilash PG, who had won the first two rounds in the IRC class. Winning in that class in this round were Dhirendra Kumar and Honey Narulla with a time of 1hr 4sec.
Kadur and Pai also claimed the win in the INRC 2000cc category, while Dr Bikku Babu and Milen George finished second, and Team Yokohama's Rahul Kanthraj and Vivek Bhatt finished the event third.
Two rounds remain in 2016 INRC calendar, with the next one scheduled to be held in Bangalore from November 26-27. The final round of the championship will be held at Chikmagalur alongside the 2016 APRC from December 3-5.
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids