TVS Racing signs Shreya Sundar Iyer as its first woman rider
TVS Racing has signed its first woman rider 24-year old Shreya Sundar Iyer. Her achievements on two wheels so far include completing the KTM Adventure Tour across the sand dunes in Dubai, crossing the Kalasa River in Chikkamagalur, and covering around 2,000km in six days as a part of the Southern India Biking Expedition. In the 2016 season, Shreya will compete for TVS Racing in the Indian National Rally Championship on a rally-spec TVS Apache RTR. She is hoping to build a career out of cross-country rallying through the team.
In a statement, Shreya mentioned that this association with TVS Racing would help her work with the best bikes, racers, trainers and technology in the country. She also hopes to encourage women all over to "follow their passion for racing and live their dreams." Arvind Pangaonkar, the head of TVS racing, also believed that the induction of Shreya into the team will promote racing as a promising career for women in India.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept