2016 Jaguar XF arrives by mid-September in India
Jaguar will be launching the 2016 XF in the next couple of weeks in India. The company showcased the new XF sedan at the 2015 New York Motor Show. The 2016 Jaguar XF gets a tweaked design along with more premium interiors and features. However, the most important update that the new Jaguar XF gets is a revised platform. Jaguar claims that the aluminium architecture of the XF is 80kg lighter than its competition. The Jaguar XF competes with the likes of BMW 5-Series, Mercedes-Benz E Class and the Audi A6.
The 2016 iteration of the Jaguar XF looks similar to the previous version except for distinct bits, making it similar to the younger sibling, the XE. On the hood, the XF gets more pronounced lines that give it a muscular look. The same can be seen with the mild changes on the shoulder line as well. The rear profile too has been redesigned with new F-type styled lights. The other change that the new XF sports is a the brand name etched on the boot lid. The wheel options that will be offered with the new Jaguar XF include 18-inch and 20-inch, depending on the variant.
The new jaguar XF measures 4,954mm in length and has a wheelbase of 2,960mm, making it 51mm longer than the previous version. Jaguar also states that inside the XF, the legroom has been stretched by 15mm while the kneeroom has gone up by 24mm. The headroom has been increased by 27mm.
The cabin of the Jaguar XF has been updated with a new steering wheel, shared with the F-Type. The central area comes equipped with a 12.3-inch TFT touchscreen display that is powered by Jaguar's new InControl Touch interface. This system runs on a quad-core processor which helps it offer a seamless experience.
The Jaguar XF will be powered by the new 2-litre Ingenium diesel engine. This motor puts out power in the range of 163PS to 180PS. This motor will not only do duty in the new XF, but will also be seen under the hoods of the new Jaguar XE and the Land Rover Discovery Sport along with the Range Rover Evoque. The XF also gets a performance-centric V6 twin-turbo motor that makes 300PS. The petrol variants will use a 2.0-litre four-cylinder that puts out 240PS while the 3.0-litre supercharged version produces a peak output of 380PS.
Jaguar dealerships in India have already started taking bookings for the new XF for a token amount of Rs 5 lakh.
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.47 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept