2016 JK Himalayan Drive: Sudip and Arindam Ghosh finish first
The fourth edition of the JK Himalayan Drive ended on February 28 at Siliguri. Sudip and Arindam Ghosh from Kolkata, won this TSD (time-speed-distance) rally after accumulating 568 penalty seconds, which was eight seconds less than their rivals, Jogendra Kumar Jaiswal and Prasenjit Roy. In another close race, Pratik Sirkar and Debasish Ghosh who had 832 penalty seconds finished third just four seconds ahead of Rajiv Sarkar and Chandu Sekhar.
Sudip and Arindam were leading by quite a margin during the first two days, but Jogendra and Prasenjit managed to close the gap in the final three days of the rally. "The rally was tough and challenging, however, driving at such a high altitude and difficult terrain was equally thrilling. My driving mettle was put to severe test. Winning this rally brings to me a tremendous sense of achievement," said Sudip.
The rally took participants from Siliguri through North Bengal, the Duars, and Paro valley in Bhutan before bringing them back to Siliguri in the final stage.
"The fourth edition of the rally has been a great success. It is for the first time that this rally has travelled to international terrain and the Government of Bhutan has been extremely supportive. I am very sure with this kind of support and love for motorsports we can keep promoting our initiatives beyond national borders," said Sanjay Sharma, JK Tyre's head of motorsport.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased