2016 JK Tyre-MMS Rotax Kart Cup Open: Ricky Donison and Shahan Ali Mohsin dominate in their respective classes
Ricky Donison and Shahan Ali Mohsin had a very successful weekend at the JK Tyre-MMS Rotax Kart Cup Open. Each of them managed to completely dominate their respective classes. The cup was held between May 19 and 22, 2016 at the MECO Kartopia track in Bengaluru. Donison was completely unstoppable this time round, winning all eight of the races spread over two rounds, while Mohsin was able to snag six wins.
Driving for BPC Racing, Donison was the 2015 JK Tyre National Rotax Max Karting Championship winner and was able to win each of the eight races in the Senior Max class with a comfortable lead over the competition. His team-mate Chirag Ghorpade was able to win five of the eight races in the Junior Max category.
Shahan Ali Mohsin
In the Micro Max category, Shahan Ali Mohsin managed to snag six victories over the eight race weekend. Mohsin faced intense competition from Ruhaan Alva and Akshay Bora. Driving for MECO Racing, Mohsin also tested various chassis and engine setups as preparation for the upcoming race weekends, which will be back-to-back. Mohsin is now headed for the 4th round of the Asian Karting Championship at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia, where he is currently the championship leader in the Micro Max class.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled