2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and ZX-14R launched in India
Kawasaki has launched the 2016 ZX-10R and the ZX-14R in India. The 2016 ZX10R costs Rs 16.4 lakh while the 2016 ZX-14R is priced at Rs 17.9 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom, Delhi). The 2016 ZX-10R has received a host of chassis, engine and electronic upgrades. In comparison, the 2016 ZX-14R gets some minor updates.
The 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R retains the same 998cc inline four-cylinder engine. It continues to make 200PS of maximum power but gets a new, lighter crankshaft. Kawasaki says that it has "20 per cent less inertia". The engine has been tuned to deliver a meaty mid-range and is also Euro IV compliant.
The 2016 Ninja ZX-10R gets an improved and lighter chassis, Brembo M50 monobloc brake calipers and idle stroke checked radial master cylinder. The radial master cylinder offers "brake force modulability" and allows the rider to adjust braking force according to the riding conditions. It also gets adjustable Showa front forks.
The safety net includes a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit, with five axis measurements in the Bosch IMU and the sixth axis using a unique program that's stored in the Kawasaki ECU. It also gets launch control, traction control, engine power mode selection and brake management system.
The 2016 ZX-14R gets an updated ECU and is also Euro IV compliant. Kawasaki says the suspension has been re-tuned for improved high-speed stability. The engine continues to make 200PS of power and 158Nm of torque.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol