2016 Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo: Podium for Ebrahim at Fuji
Armaan Ebrahim and Dilanth Malagamuwa took a fine class win and overall second place in Race 1 of Round 4 of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia series at Fuji, Japan. The race was the high point of their weekend, with the pair only able to finish fourth in the second race at Fuji.
Ebrahim started the first race second on the grid, with Jono Lester ahead of him. During the course of the race, Lester and Ebrahim swapped places four times. Along the way Ebrahim set the fastest lap of the race, however, there were a couple of issues that plagued his Lamborghini Huracan - particularly the fact that the bonnet was about to come loose on his car following a first lap incident with Lester. This meant that Ebrahim had to back off.
When it was his turn to hand the car over to his team-mate, Malagamuwa did well to retain second position till the chequered flag fell. This meant that it was the duo's seventh podium out of 10 race starts this year.
The second race of the weekend was challenging for Ebrahim and Malagamuwa. There had been heavy rains all through the night, which meant that the track conditions were tricky. Malagamuwa had qualified sixth for Race 2, and was forced to run wide in order to avoid colliding with a car in front of him, which meant that he lost track position. When he handed the car back to Ebrahim, the latter managed to climb up the order and finish fourth.
Speaking of his performance this weekend, the JK Tyre backed driver said"I qualified second for Race 1, just .0012 off pole and Dilantha qualified sixth for Race 2. I moved into the lead after a good start in Race 1 by making a move around the first corner. I set the fastest lap of the race soon after. Jon Lester, who was in pole position, and I ran close, but I had to back off and settle for second because my bonnet was coming off."
Armaan went on to say that the second race was tricky due to the weather conditions, and Dilantha did well to recover to seventh place, following which he himself managed to move up to fourth.
"We hope to do better in the next round in Valencia, Spain, in December," Ebrahim concluded.
Starts Rs 2.99 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept