2016 London Motor Show: Triumph to showcase all new Tiger Sport
The Triumph Tiger is a popular model line in India, however, we only get the Tiger's dual-purpose variants and not adventure sport - the Tiger Sport. What it is, is a quarter-faired touring machine with more tarmac credentials rather than off-road abilities, much like the Suzuki V-Strom and the Kawasaki Versys. The bike has been around since 2007 but now gets an all-new avatar that is slated to be unveiled to a global audience at the 2016 London Motor Show, later this month.
The Triumph Tiger Sport benefits from the updated 1050cc triple engine from the new Speed Triple line-up and with it comes new-age tech like ride-by-wire, multilevel traction control, cruise control, riding modes, slip-assist clutch and anti-lock brakes. The Tiger Sport also gets gripper foot-pegs, an adjustable screen and new mirrors.
Along with the engine, the exhaust system has been altered too. The updated setup gives the bike better torque and improved fuel economy, but Triumph being Triumph, is keeping all the specs close to its chest. Expect all the finer details to come out at the London Motor Show on March 5, 2016.
Starts Rs 7,46,577
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R to be launched in India on August 11
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV teased ahead of festive season debut
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India
- NewsBMW 320d Sport relaunched in India, priced at Rs 42.10 lakh
- NewsSkoda Auto appoints Thomas Schafer as new chairman