2016 Maruti Swift Dzire diesel AMT launched in India at Rs 8.39 lakh
Maruti Suzuki India has launched the Swift Dzire with an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology or Auto Gear Shift (AGS) as the company now likes to call it. Currently, Maruti is offering the AMT option to prospective buyers only on the top ZDi trim of the Swift Dzire diesel. The Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT is priced at Rs 8.39 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Swift Dzire is the first diesel car in Maruti's portfolio and the fourth model overall to be launched with AMT technology.
The company claims that the Dzire ZDi AMT has a fuel efficiency rating of 26.59kmpl as tested by ARAI, same as the manual. Since its launch, Maruti has sold over 11.5 lakh units of the Dzire compact sedan and it is the only one in its segment to have crossed the 10 lakh units sales mark. Maruti had introduced the Swift Dzire facelift last year which received some cosmetic upgrades and additional equipment.
Speaking on the launch, R S Kalsi, executive director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Auto Gear Shift, a two-pedal technology, enables customers to drive with comfort and convenience, especially in congested city conditions. This convenience is available to them at an attractive price, without any compromise on fuel efficiency."
He further added, "Maruti Suzuki introduced the AGS technology in India with Celerio and we currently offer it in the Alto K10 and WagonR also. It has been very well accepted by customers. We are delighted to now offer Auto Gear Shift technology in Dzire diesel as well. Dzire, one of India's most successful cars ever, will become even more attractive with the convenience of Auto Gear Shift technology."
Come 2017, Maruti will launch the all-new Maruti Suzuki Swift and Swift Dzire in the Indian market.
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- News2018 Aston Martin Vantage to be launched in India today
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories