2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Edition 1 launched in India at Rs 50.7 lakh
Mercedes-Benz has launched the all-new GLC SUV in India at Rs 50.7 lakh (ex-Pune) for the 220d variant. The GLC Edition 1 comes in via the CBU route and is also available in a GLC 300 trim, which is priced at Rs 50.9 lakh (ex-Pune). Globally the GLC replaces the GLK, which incidentally never made it to the Indian market. The SUV features sharp lines and looks much better than the GLK. The grille is more pronounced and flanked by projector headlamps with LED DRLs. The 18-inch alloy wheels also look trendy. The design language on the side is less athletic while at the rear, the lamps and chrome detailing points back to the other Mercedes SUVs in India.
Inside, the layout is different from other Mercedes vehicles, with a more sporty appearance. This includes upholstery which is in contrast with the exterior shade chosen, a panoramic sunroof, 7-inch infotainment system with various camera angles and ambient lighting. Both the driver and co-passenger seats are electrically adjustable and have memory functions too. In addition, the Mercedes-Benz GLC has an automatic parking assist. In our review, we found the space in the cabin to be more than the C-Class, including the boot space. With respect to safety, the Mercedes-Benz GLC has scored a five-star rating in the Euro NCAP tests.
There are two engine options - a 2.1-litre 170PS/400Nm diesel engine and a 2.0-litre 245PS/370Nm petrol engine. Both the engines come mated to 9-speed automatic transmissions. Mercedes claims that the petrol GLC300 will do the 0-100kmph run in 6.5s and hit a top whack of 225kmph, and the diesel does the same in 8.3s and 210kmph. Four-wheel drive is standard on both the GLC variants with three off-road driving modes. The Mercedes-Benz GLC competes with the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Volvo XC60. The GLC also gets specialised service packages for 10 years with unlimited mileage, a first in this segment.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Mercedes-Benz GLC:
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019