2016 Merzouga Rally: Weather plays foul on Stage 3
Joaquim Rodrigues after the first half of the marathon Stage 3
The third stage of the Merzouga Rally proved to be tricky, with temperatures climbing well over the 40 degree mark and making things difficult for competitors. Stage 3, of course, was the first marathon stage of the rally, with 220km scheduled to be run on sandy off-piste terrain. However, with the weather conditions becoming extreme, to the point that the safety of competitors could no longer be guaranteed, the race was halted at the second checkpoint.
Joaquim Rodrigues was one of the few riders who made it to the bivouac before 4pm, which moved him into the top 10 overall. His team-mate CS Santosh completed the stage.
While provisional standings haven't been confirmed, the rally has now reached the stage where the battle is truly on.
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market