2016 Mini Cooper S Convertible launched in India at Rs 34.9 lakh
The BMW Group launched the new Mini Cooper S Convertible in India at Rs 34.9 lakh (ex-showroom). The biggest addition to this car is a fully automatic electrically powered soft top that opens or closes in 18 seconds. The new Mini Cooper S Convertible also gets a fully integrated rollover protection system and a wind deflector that can be fit behind the front seats to reduce turbulence. This soft top can also be optioned with a Union Jack print in the Mini Yours version. Like the standard Mini Cooper S, the convertible version is offered with a bunch of optional features like ambient interior lighting, a head-up display, a Harman Kardon music system and a larger 8.8inch screen with a touch-sensitive controller as a part of the Wired Package. However be warned that the cost of all these optional packages and features will add up to substantial amount when you're writing the cheque.
Standard on the Mini Cooper S Convertible however, is a multi-function steering wheel, sports seats, a brake energy recovery system and a start/stop function. Standard safety features include stability control, a crash sensor, cornering brake control and brake assist.
The 2016 Mini Cooper S Convertible is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-charged petrol engine that produces 192PS of power and 280Nm of torque. The company claims a 0-100kmph time of 7.1 seconds and a top speed of 233kmph. This engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and can be driven in one of three modes the standard MID mode, Sport Mode and Green Mode. "It's a sweet little motor with small sharp doses of performance on offer," says our Editor-in-chief in his first drive review.
Starts Rs 31.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3