2016 Mini Cooper S Convertible launched in India at Rs 34.9 lakh
The BMW Group launched the new Mini Cooper S Convertible in India at Rs 34.9 lakh (ex-showroom). The biggest addition to this car is a fully automatic electrically powered soft top that opens or closes in 18 seconds. The new Mini Cooper S Convertible also gets a fully integrated rollover protection system and a wind deflector that can be fit behind the front seats to reduce turbulence. This soft top can also be optioned with a Union Jack print in the Mini Yours version. Like the standard Mini Cooper S, the convertible version is offered with a bunch of optional features like ambient interior lighting, a head-up display, a Harman Kardon music system and a larger 8.8inch screen with a touch-sensitive controller as a part of the Wired Package. However be warned that the cost of all these optional packages and features will add up to substantial amount when you're writing the cheque.
Standard on the Mini Cooper S Convertible however, is a multi-function steering wheel, sports seats, a brake energy recovery system and a start/stop function. Standard safety features include stability control, a crash sensor, cornering brake control and brake assist.
The 2016 Mini Cooper S Convertible is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-charged petrol engine that produces 192PS of power and 280Nm of torque. The company claims a 0-100kmph time of 7.1 seconds and a top speed of 233kmph. This engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and can be driven in one of three modes the standard MID mode, Sport Mode and Green Mode. "It's a sweet little motor with small sharp doses of performance on offer," says our Editor-in-chief in his first drive review.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 33.2 Lakhs
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India