2016 Mini John Cooper Works Convertible revealed
Mini has officially revealed the John Cooper Works Convertible that will reach UK showrooms in April this year. Like the hatchback version, the Mini John Cooper Works Convertible too is powered by the same 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo engine which makes 234PS and 320Nm of torque. The manual transmission version can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 6.6 seconds and can reach a top speed of around 240kmph. The automatic version is quicker by one-tenth of a second, says Mini.
Like its predecessor, the new John Cooper Works Convertible also features a fully automatic textile roof, including a heated rear window and a high-quality liner acoustic insulation. The roof can be opened and closed in just 18 seconds, even while travelling at speeds of up to 31kmph.
The new Mini John Cooper Works Convertible comes equipped with McPherson struts at the front and a multilink rear axle. The front axle gets aluminium swivel bearings while the wishbones are made of high-strength steel. At the rear axle, a larger proportion of highly rigid steels ensure increased stiffness combined with reduced weight. Braking duties are taken care of by the 4-piston fixed caliper disc brakes that have been designed in collaboration with Brembo.
The standard safety kit includes Dynamic Stability Control, Electronic Differential Lock Control and Performance Control, which supports agile turning when taking bends at speed. Buyers also get the option of Dynamic Damper Control, which provides two set-ups for either sporty or more comfort-oriented driving situations.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show