2016 Moto3: Aspar Mahindras Francesco Bagnaia finishes third in Qatar
The 2016 Moto3 season's opening round concluded yesterday in Qatar with Aspar Mahindra's Francesco Bagnaia finishing third. He started fourth on the grid, and was then pushed to seventh quite soon. After lap 18 however, he slowly started to make his way up to finish .148 of a second behind the winner, Niccolo Antonelli. In second place was Red Bull KTM Ajo's Brad Binder.
Francesco Bagnaia on the podium
"This was a really, really difficult race. I had to push to the maximum on every single lap, and the pace was very strong. After practice and qualifying I didn't think it would be possible to stay with the front group but with the slipstream in the race, I realised I could do it. It was an amazing result for us. Mahindra and the Aspar team have worked really hard. The different fairing was definitely a help: it was easier to take the slipstream, and to close the line on the corners," said Bagnaia.
Mahindra unveiled the 2016 Moto3 motorcycle at the Auto Expo this year. Unlike the previous bike, Mahindra was actively involved in developing this motorcycle in Varese, Italy. New in this motorcycle are the engine, gearbox and a double exhaust system designed by Arrow. Mahindra claims better power delivery, acceleration, top speed and handling from this motorcycle.
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November