2016 Moto3: Aspar Mahindras Francesco Bagnaia finishes third in Qatar
The 2016 Moto3 season's opening round concluded yesterday in Qatar with Aspar Mahindra's Francesco Bagnaia finishing third. He started fourth on the grid, and was then pushed to seventh quite soon. After lap 18 however, he slowly started to make his way up to finish .148 of a second behind the winner, Niccolo Antonelli. In second place was Red Bull KTM Ajo's Brad Binder.
Francesco Bagnaia on the podium
"This was a really, really difficult race. I had to push to the maximum on every single lap, and the pace was very strong. After practice and qualifying I didn't think it would be possible to stay with the front group but with the slipstream in the race, I realised I could do it. It was an amazing result for us. Mahindra and the Aspar team have worked really hard. The different fairing was definitely a help: it was easier to take the slipstream, and to close the line on the corners," said Bagnaia.
Mahindra unveiled the 2016 Moto3 motorcycle at the Auto Expo this year. Unlike the previous bike, Mahindra was actively involved in developing this motorcycle in Varese, Italy. New in this motorcycle are the engine, gearbox and a double exhaust system designed by Arrow. Mahindra claims better power delivery, acceleration, top speed and handling from this motorcycle.
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership