2016 MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Rally Championship to start from April 30
One could say that rally is the current season in India. With the Desert Storm drawing to a close earlier this month, the next rally event is already on the horizon. However, unlike the usual four-wheeled affair, the next event on the calendar will see two-wheelers battling it out in Karnataka and will be called the MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Rally Championship (yes, it's a mouthful). The rally is scheduled to kick-off at Bengaluru on April 30, 2016.
The rally will start side by side with the 3rd MRF Rally of Karnataka. It will consist of a total of six rounds, of which two will be held in Nashik on May 14 and 15, and the other two will be held in Pune on May 21 and 22, 2016. Of the competing riders, last year's Group A winner, Aravind KP will be present, along with other significant riders like R Natraj, D Uday Kumar, Phalguna Raghavendra.
There will be a total of seven classes in the 2016 MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Rally Championship, of which Group A will have no engine capacity restrictions. Group B is split into six classes, namely Super Sport 130, Super Sport 165, Super Sport 260, Super Sport 400, Super Sport 650, and the Scooter 210 class. The number suffixes indicate the engine displacement limit of the respective class in cc, with the preceding class as the base displacement. For example, the Super Sport 260 class will aloow for bikes with engine displacements between 166cc and 260cc.
"As pioneer supporters of Indian motorsport, MRF has always looked at promoting the sport in the country in every possible way. When the opportunity came to revive two-wheeler rallying last year after a very long gap, the MRF management was fully supportive of it" said Soman K Joseph, MRF Motorsport in-charge.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic