2016 New York Motor Show: Mercedes-AMG E 43 4Matic to be powered by 401PS V6
Mercedes-Benz unveiled the 2017 E-Class at the 2016 Detroit Motor Show and that caught quite a bit of attention. Now, the performance arm of the brand, Mercedes-AMG has revealed the new Mercedes-AMG E 43 4Matic which will be showcased at the 2016 New York Auto Show.
As described by Mercedes-AMG, "the E 43 is the most powerful variant of the executive saloon". It is powered by a 3-litre V6 biturbo petrol engine that makes 401PS at 6,100rpm and generates 520Nm of torque between 2,500rpm-5,000rpm. The engine is mated to Mercedes' 9G-Tronic transmission and powers all four wheels. The car comes with multiple drive modes Sport, Sport Plus, Eco and Comfort which adjust the engine, transmission, suspension and steering settings. The E 43 has a claimed top speed of 250kmph and a 0-100kmph time of 4.6 seconds. Wearing the 43 badge, this variant might be the most power version of the saloon right now, but there could be a bigger and more powerful E 63 which will be powered by a V8 biturbo.
In terms of design, the upcoming Mercedes-AMG E 43 doesn't look as aggressive as other AMGs. The front is reminiscent of the 2017 E-Class save for a tweaked radiator grille and larger air dams. The side profile gets 19-inch wheels as standard along with low-profile tyres. The rear gets an integrated spoiler, chrome-tipped exhaust pipes and a new diffuser.
The Mercedes-AMG E 43 will be previewed at the 2016 New York Auto Show. The company will start taking bookings in the United States from June 20, 2016 while deliveries will begin by September 2016.
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018