2016 New York Motor Show: 2017 Acura MDX teased
Acura has released a teaser image of the 2017 MDX ahead of its unveil at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. Acura says that the 2017 MDX will get substantial design updates, more luxury and convenience features and an advanced new powertrain technology. The teaser image reveals that the 2017 MDX gets a more chiseled and muscular front fascia.
"We are sharpening our focus on the Precision Crafted Performance DNA of the Acura brand and the 2017 MDX will integrate new styling elements and powertrain technology that takes us another step in that direction," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Company.
The 2017 Acura MDX has been designed by the Acura Design Studio in Torrance, California. It will continue to be produced at the company's Lincoln, Alabama plant. The company says that in early 2017, an additional production source for MDX will be added at the East Liberty, Ohio plant. Both plants will use domestic and globally sourced parts to make the 2017 MDX.
The 2017 Acura MDX will be unveiled on March 23 at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. The MDX is Acura's best selling SUV with over 50,00o units sold annually over the past three years.
The current Acura lineup comprises of five models the RLX luxury flagship sedan, TLX performance luxury sedan, ILX sport sedan, RDX luxury crossover SUV, and the Acura MDX.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani