2016 New York International Auto Show: Chevrolet unveil the Camaro ZL1 Convertible
The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible was unveiled at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. Essentially, the Camaro ZL1 coupe with the top off, Chevrolet says that barring a few structural differences, the coupe and convertible are the same. Of course the weight has gone up slightly, but would you even notice?
The Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible gets the same, 640PS, V8 engine that displaces 6.2-litres. Buyers have a choice of either a six-speed manual with active rev matching or a new 10-speed automatic.
This sixth-generation Camaro is lighter than its predecessor and features magnetic ride suspension as well an electronic limited slip differential. As expected from a car that puts out so muchpower, there are driving modes that help in varying driving conditions. Traction control too gets an update in this generation. There's also a dual mode exhaust that bumps up the decibles.
The tyres are massive, 285/30ZR20 up front and 305/30ZR20 at rear shod on forged aluminium wheels. Chevrolet says that the Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar tyres have been specially designed for the Chevrolet Camaro.
Ford India isgetting the new Mustang GT to our shores in a couple of months. We hope Chevrolet follows suit with the Camaro ZL1/ Convertible.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally