2016 New York Motor Show: Mercedes Benz GLC coupe teased
Mercedes Benz has revealed a teaser video of the GLC coupe that will make its debut on March 23, 2016 at the 2016 New York Motor Show. Much like the larger offering, the GLE Coupe, the GLC coupe too gets a fastback styling with a sloping roofline.
Mercedes-Benz had displayed the GLC coupe concept at the 2015 Shanghai Motor Show. The bright yellow concept had crossover additions with aluminum bash plates underneath the front and the rear bumper. The rear lights were carried from the larger GLE coupe.
The upcoming Mercedes-Benz GLC coupe might share its powertrain options with the existing GLC SUV. It is also expected that Mercedes-AMG might spin out a performance based GLC 43AMG that will be powered by a 367PS/520Nm making V6 3.0-litre motor.
As seen in the video, the Mercedes-Benz GLC coupe gets the same front profile as the regular GLC SUV. The single slat radiator grille gets a matte coating. The front bumper gets sporty scoops, hinting of an AMG iteration. It is only the sloping roofline which makes the GLC look different from the SUV. The wheelbase and the ground clearance appear to be unchanged. The rear profile, in heavy camouflage, doesn't reveal much except for a short boot section. The Mercedes-Benz GLC coupe will compete against the BMW X4.
Mercedes Benz GLC coupe teaser images
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally