2016 New York International Auto Show: New Mazda MX-5 RF unveiled
Mazda has officially unveiled the MX-5 RF ahead of the 2016 New York International Auto Show where it will be on display. The RF moniker stands for 'retractable fastback' and this version comes equipped with a fully automatic roof. The electric roof can be opened or closed simply by engaging a button and that too while the car is being driven at speeds up to 10kmph.
Similar to the soft-top version, the Mazda MX-5 RF will be offered to buyers with the option of two Skyactiv-G petrol engines. There's a 1.5-litre engine and a bigger 2.0-litre unit which are mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Unlike the soft-top version, the MX-5 RF will be offered for the first time with the option of a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Another distinguishing bit compared to the soft-top version, is that the MX-5 RF gets the option of a new machine grey colour. The carmaker says that its Takuminuri painting technology uses a three-coat layer which comprises of colour, reflective and clear coats. Mazda says that there's a 'high-density finish that gives the entire surface a sheen when illuminated and a genuine metallic look'.
Apart from displaying the MX-5 RF at the 2016 New York International Auto Show, Mazda will also be launching the CX-9.
- NewsTraffic violation fines could shoot up drastically in India - almost five times or more
- NewsHonda motorcycles India expresses concern on electrification of two-wheelers in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's electric vehicles to be sold via Nexa outlets
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Hyundai i20 spotted testing under camouflage
- NewsHusqvarna EE 5 all-electric dirt bike launched internationally