2016 New York International Auto Show: New Mazda MX-5 RF unveiled
Mazda has officially unveiled the MX-5 RF ahead of the 2016 New York International Auto Show where it will be on display. The RF moniker stands for 'retractable fastback' and this version comes equipped with a fully automatic roof. The electric roof can be opened or closed simply by engaging a button and that too while the car is being driven at speeds up to 10kmph.
Similar to the soft-top version, the Mazda MX-5 RF will be offered to buyers with the option of two Skyactiv-G petrol engines. There's a 1.5-litre engine and a bigger 2.0-litre unit which are mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Unlike the soft-top version, the MX-5 RF will be offered for the first time with the option of a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Another distinguishing bit compared to the soft-top version, is that the MX-5 RF gets the option of a new machine grey colour. The carmaker says that its Takuminuri painting technology uses a three-coat layer which comprises of colour, reflective and clear coats. Mazda says that there's a 'high-density finish that gives the entire surface a sheen when illuminated and a genuine metallic look'.
Apart from displaying the MX-5 RF at the 2016 New York International Auto Show, Mazda will also be launching the CX-9.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally