2016 NMRC: Vidhuraj wins Gixxer Cup Open Class
Motorcycles in action during the Suzuki Cup at the third round of the National Motorcycle Racing Championship in Chennai
Meka Vidhuraj managed to take a fine victory in the Open class race of the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, at the third round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship.
Vidhuraj started the race fourth on the grid, but took the lead on the first lap of the race, but B Rajnikanth soon got the better of him. Vidhuraj displayed fine racecraft, and bided his time, and was particularly clever on the last three laps of the race, following the race leader in a cautious fashion. Then, on the very last lap of the race, he managed to make a smart move to get past Rajnikanth. This gave him his second win of five races.
In the TVS MMSC One Make Championship, it was Apex Racing's Yashas RL who won the Novice class ahead of Hari Prasath R and Kamran Alam.
Qualifying for the 165cc class saw Jagan Kumar take pole position. However, when the TVS Racing rider was disqualified on technical grounds, Rajini Krishnan of RACR was moved up to pole.
Pole in the Super Sport India 300cc to 400cc class saw Rockstar Racing's Ami Van Poederooijen take pole. Rajiv Sethu claimed pole in the Pro Stock 165cc class, while Amarnath Menon of RACR took pole in the Stock 165cc class.
Starts Rs 81,175
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept