2016 Paris Motor Show: All-new Audi Q5 revealed
At the ongoing 2016 Paris Motor Show, Audi AG has just revealed the second-generation Q5. The first-generation Audi Q5 was the highest-selling luxury SUV in its class with over 1.6 million units sold. The all-new Q5 is based on the new MLB-evo platform and is up to 90 kilograms lighter than its predecessor.
Up front, it gets the signature single-frame grille which sports an aluminium finish and horizontal slats running along its width. Audi's Matrix LED headlamps with daytime running lights will be offered as an option. Its tailgate wraps around the C-pillars and the tail lights will be offered with dynamic turn signals as an option. The sleek styling gives it a low drag co-efficient of 0.30. Audi is offering its virtual cockpit and air suspension as an option.
The second-generation Audi Q5 will be sold in Europe with three engine options - a 2.0-litre TDI, a bigger 3.0-litre TDI and a 2.0-litre TFSI engine. Audi has reworked all three engines to ensure better performance and efficiency. The diesel engine will be offered in three states of tune - 150PS, 163PS and 190PS. The 3.0-litre TDI engine makes 286PS of power and 620Nm of torque. The 2.0-litre TFSI petrol engine makes 252PS, and Audi claims a fuel economy of 14.8kmpl.
The 3.0-litre diesel engine gets coupled to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines will offer buyers the choice of a 6-speed manual transmission and a 7-speed automatic. Apart from the 2.0 TDI 150PS version, rest all will get the new Audi Quattro drivetrain as standard. The sensors can detect when four-wheel drive is required and accordingly engages the drivetrain. When traction is available, it disengages the rear-axle drive.
The all-new Q5 will be manufactured at Audi's new plant in Mexico. It will be available for sale in Europe in January 2017.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Paris Motor Show
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6