2016 Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type R prototype unveiled
The Honda Civic Type R prototype has been unveiled at the ongoing 2016 Paris Motor Show. In an official releases, the company has said that the prototype previews the styling of the next-generation Civic Type R.
The Civic Type R prototype is based on the 2017 Honda Civic hatchback. The car squats low and gets an aggressive design. The front bumper gets a winged carbon-fibre spitter and a red accent line. The large air intakes sport diamond mesh inserts and house LED fog lamps. There's also smoked LED headlights while the bonnet gets an air intake. The carbon-fibre side skirts blend well with the overall racy look. The car sits on 20-inch piano black wheels wrapped in 245-section tyres.
The rear bumper gets a carbon-fibre diffuser which holds three functional tailpipes. The middle tailpipe is of a smaller diameter and gets a bright metallic red finish. There's also a fixed spoiler.
Honda has announced that the next-generation Honda Civic Type R will be unveiled in production form next year. It will be manufactured at the company's plant in Swindon, United Kingdom. It will go on sale in Europe in the second half of 2017.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Paris Motor Show:
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6