2016 Paris Motor Show: SsangYong LIV-2 Concept revealed
SsangYong has showcased the LIV-2 SUV concept at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. The company had already revealed pictures and details of the concept a few weeks back. At that time, it had also stated that the LIV-2 concept would preview the Y400 model which is currently under development. The Y400 is the code name for the next-generation SsangYong Rexton which will be launched in 2017.
LIV-2 denotes 'Limitless Interface Vehicle' and is an evolved version of the LIV-1 concept which was showcased at the 2013 Seoul Motor Show. It previews a new design language which will be common on all future SsangYong SUV models. The SsangYong LIV-2 concept gets a body-on-frame construction and is equipped with four-wheel drive. In an official release, the carmaker has stated that "LIV-2 is an executive SUV which will take the brand into new areas of the market".
The LIV-2 offers the choice of a 2.0-litre GDi turbocharged petrol engine which makes 225PS and 349Nm of torque. There's a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine which is good for 181PS and 420Nm of torque. Both engines will be offered with the choice of a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed automatic. The latter has been sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
In terms of safety features, it gets nine airbags and an Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS) which utilises radar and laser scanning to detect pedestrians and warns the driver. It also gets a lane departure warning system, high beam assistance, blind spot detection and lane change assist.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Paris Motor Show
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.84 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept