2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Regional rounds to be held in North and South India
Cougar Motorsport, the organisers of the Indian Rainforest Challenge have announced that they will conduct two regional RFC events in 2016, one in the North and one in the South. Up north they have tied up with Gerrari Offroaders Chandigarh and down South, they have partnered with Bangalore Offroaders Development Association (BODA) to organise these events.
Each of these clubs organises an annual offroading event with non-competitive adventure activities to promote the sport. In 2016 however, RFC India will conduct a competitive extreme category at these events, and the winner of this round will gain free entry into the main event held in Goa.
"The objective of launching the regional chapters, is to demystify RFC India for a majority of the offroading enthusiasts of the country who have been unable to witness the mother event in Goa so far. The BODA and Gerrari Offroaders annual events are among the most prestigious offroad events of the country where off-roaders from all parts of the country converge for adventure, bonding and knowledge sharing. We want to give them a taste of RFC India, right from vehicle preparation to the toughness quotient of the competition, by inviting them to compete in a few Special Stages at a nominal cost," said Ashish Gupta, the founder and director of Cougar Motorsport.
The event up North will take place at the Forest Hill Resort on the outskirts of Chandigarh between 16 and 17 January, while the one in the South will take place on the 23 and 24 January at a camping site about 60km outside Bangalore.
Starts Rs 9.15 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea