2016 Range Rover Evoque convertible live on Indian website, to launch this year
We have already reported that Land Rover will display the stunning Range Rover Evoque convertible SUV at the Auto Expo 2016. The British luxury brand will also launch the Evoque convertible in India this year. We are sure about this as Land Rover has already featured the Evoque convertible on its official Indian website along with other variants of the compact premium SUV.
The Range Rover Evoque convertible borrows the same design as the facelifted Evoque launched last year. Land Rover will launch the Evoque convertible only in the HSE dynamic version that gets optional adaptive LED headlamps and distinct daytime running lights. The SUV convertible also gets a fabric Z-folding convertible roof system that can be operated via a button placed on the central console. The roof can be lowered or raised while the vehicle is travelling at speeds of up to 48kmph. The roof gets an acoustic inner lining to keep the cabin insulated from external ambience and also reduce road noise.
In terms of safety, the Evoque convertible will be offered with deployable roll-over bars, hidden in the rear body, that get deployed within 90 milliseconds in an event of a roll-over. The Range Rover Evoque convertible will be manufactured at the Land Rover's plant in Halewood, UK. It will be on sale in 170 countries by March or April this year.
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench
- NewsAuto China 2020: Honda SUV e:concept previews China-focused EV
- NewsHonda's Royal Enfield rival to be launched in India tomorrow, to rebel against Meteor 350?
- NewsWhat the revisions in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules mean for you