2016 Range Rover Evoque convertible live on Indian website, to launch this year
We have already reported that Land Rover will display the stunning Range Rover Evoque convertible SUV at the Auto Expo 2016. The British luxury brand will also launch the Evoque convertible in India this year. We are sure about this as Land Rover has already featured the Evoque convertible on its official Indian website along with other variants of the compact premium SUV.
The Range Rover Evoque convertible borrows the same design as the facelifted Evoque launched last year. Land Rover will launch the Evoque convertible only in the HSE dynamic version that gets optional adaptive LED headlamps and distinct daytime running lights. The SUV convertible also gets a fabric Z-folding convertible roof system that can be operated via a button placed on the central console. The roof can be lowered or raised while the vehicle is travelling at speeds of up to 48kmph. The roof gets an acoustic inner lining to keep the cabin insulated from external ambience and also reduce road noise.
In terms of safety, the Evoque convertible will be offered with deployable roll-over bars, hidden in the rear body, that get deployed within 90 milliseconds in an event of a roll-over. The Range Rover Evoque convertible will be manufactured at the Land Rover's plant in Halewood, UK. It will be on sale in 170 countries by March or April this year.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show