2016 Renault Kwid Easy-R AMT launched in India at Rs 4.65 lakh
Renault has added an AMT unit to its entry-level hatchback, the Kwid. The same was first shown at the 2016 Auto Expo in India. Priced at Rs 4.65 lakh, ex-Mumbai, the Renault Kwid AMT is powered by a 1.0-litre motor and is only available in the RxT trim. While the company has launched the Kwid AMT across the country, deliveries are yet to commence. A company's dealership has confirmed that the Kwid AMT will be available in the next four weeks.
The Renault Kwid 1.0-litre AMT uses a 998cc motor that makes 68PS at 5,500 rpm and generates 91Nm at 4,250 rpm. The Easy-R or the AMT variant makes use of the same 5-speed gearbox in the regular variant but instead comes with three drive modes - Reverse, Neutral and Drive. Unlike most AMT cars that are offered with a stick shift, Renault's Kwid uses a jog dial arrangement. The only other car manufacturer to use the same for an automatic is the Jaguar that sits at the premium range in India. Renault claims the Kwid AMT delivers 24.04kmpl.
In terms of features, being the top-end trim, the Kwid AMT comes equipped with 7-inch touchscreen system with navigation, digital instrument cluster, lane change indicator, radio speed dependent volume control and seat belt pretensioners.
Previously, Renault introduced the new Duster with the 6-speed Easy-R AMT, available in the 4X2 110PS diesel variants. The prices for Duster AMT in India are Rs 11.67 lakh and Rs 12.87 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the RXL and top-spec RXZ variants, respectively. In addition to the cosmetic updates, Renault also added a new CMO10 and T4 E&E architecture that made the SUV safer.
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market